• High School Math Contest
• Math Circle
• Personalized Precalculus
• SMaRT Camp
• Mathematics undergraduate Robert Carpenter wins Brown Foundation-Earl Rudder Memorial Outstanding Student Award
• Former doctoral student Gaik Ambartsoumian in the news
• Yalchin Efendiev will be an invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians, to be held in Seoul in 2014
• Goong Chen and fellow members of a team of physicists and mathematicians win TAMU-Qatar 2013 Research Team Excellence Award
• The Texas Section of the Mathematical Association of America confers the 2013 Award for Distinguished University Teaching on Harold Boas
• More News
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics
Our mission is to create and disseminate research and to provide outstanding instruction at the undergraduate and graduate level in all areas of pure and applied mathematics.
Our distinguished faculty's research interests include algebra, approximation theory, combinatorics, differential equations, functional analysis, geometry, number theory, mathematical modeling, numerical analysis, probability, and several complex variables. Many of our faculty collaborate with researchers in other disciplines, such as computer science, geoscience, physics and engineering.
Our department offers instruction that leads to bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees in pure and applied mathematics. Our masters program is also offered via distance education and enrolls students from all over the world. Over 25,000 students enroll in our courses each year and we offer a wide array of web-assisted supplemental instructional services. We invite you to navigate through our web-links to research, academic programs, courses offered, and to other information provided in these web pages.